FOOD SWAP! Every first and third Monday of the month, at 6 pm., we host a food trade at Fairytale Farm. The rules are simple: bring something you’ve made or harvested and trade it with something someone else has made or harvested. We encourage organic, wild-crafted produce, and white sugar/white flour products are discouraged.
Some of the items that people bring every week are:
- kim chee and sauerkraut
- sourdough rye bread
- low or no sugar jams with locally foraged fruit
- dried fruit from the Fruit Tree Project harvests
- kefir and yogurt, goat milk and cow
- date sweetened chocolates with goji berries and other high antioxidant foods
- seed and vegetable crackers
If you’d like to join us, just show up at 6 pm and introduce yourself. We all go around the table first and talk about our food, then the trading is organic. Sometimes it helps to put a dollar price on your item if you have no idea what to trade it for. Come swap!